OK ... so my last blog post was in May. Why haven't I blogged since then? Well, I could blame it on the rain, or blame it on Rio ... but the real reason is because I've had a lot of more pressing things going on. Sorry.
Well ... now it's almost Thanksgiving - and things really aren't slowing down. In fact, it almost seems as if they are starting to snowball. That is just par for the course in the life of a Worship Pastor heading full-steam-ahead into the Christmas season.
It has been a long year, though. The events of this year have had major impacts on my life. Some good - some not-as-good. Through it all I've learned a lot, though.
* I've learned not to take things just at face value.
* I've learned not to blindly trust someone just because they say they can be trusted.
* I've learned that there are a lot of emotions that can run the gambit when bad things happen.
* I've learned that God is still in control - and that nothing ever takes Him by surprise.
* I've learned that forgiveness is easier to tell other people they need to do than to have to do it for ones self.
* I've learned that my kids are a lot stronger than I ever gave them credit for.
* I've learned that my wife is even stronger than that.
* I've learned that losing a pet is even hard on a grown-up.
* I've learned that not everybody shares my disdain and dislike for "Twilight".
* I've learned that saying that "I support the office of President no matter who holds the office" is getting harder to agree with every day.
*I've learned that no matter what plans I make - God always has different plans (and His are ALWAYS better!)
These aren't all the things I've learned ... but it's a start.
Now ... the week-long countdown to Thanksgiving is on! BRING ON THE BIRD!!!