Friday, March 27, 2009

I Don't Understand ... part deux

After offending some people - I guess I need to give a caveat to my last posting.

I want to give some clarification to things that may not have come across as clearly as I had intended.

1. Do I feel that a person is any less of a Christian because they read/watch either of these books/movies - or anything like them? Absolutely not. I just don't understand how Christians CAN read/watch them.

2. Do I feel that a person will lose their salvation, or go to hell because they read/watch either of these books/movies - or anything like them? Absolutely not. I just don't understand how they can read/watch them. (Just like I don't understand how a Christian can be Pro-Choice. I don't agree with that stance - but I don't think one will go to hell because they hold that viewpoint.)

3. Am I saying that all fictional things are bad? Not at all. I just think we need to hold things up against the mirror of the Bible - and if they don't mesh, then we don't need to have any part of them.

4. I don't even like the Chronicles of Narnia. Since my kids were little, I've tried to keep things with witchcraft (even Disney's Fantasia) from the house ... so I really have an issue with "The Lion, The WITCH, and the Wardrobe."

5. Do I think that the authors of any of the above/below mentioned works of fiction are Christians? That's not for me to say. They may claim to be - and may or may not be.

6. Do I have things in my life that aren't healthy for me? Yep. I'm only human.

7. Does that make me any more/less of a person than you? Nope. I'm just a sinner, saved by grace, who has to answer to the Lord just like every other one of His children.

8. Do I apologize for my earlier blog? Nope. I do apologize to those who took it offensively, and I do apologize if I came across as 'holier-than-thou' ... but I don't apologize for my stand, opinion, viewpoint or conviction.

9. Where do we go from here? I guess that's up to each of us individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment