Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel ...

I'm human. I get beat down just like anyone else. I sometimes feel like it's just not worth it ... and it would be easier to go get a 'real job' and walk away.

Not saying that's what I'm going to do ... but sometimes I feel that way.

Now - I know the whole, "God won't give us more than we can handle" thing ... and how Job had to face much harder things than I am facing ... but sometimes we all have just had, as my mother used to say, "enough".

In fact, I don't necessarily think that feeling and thinking that way is wrong. I seem to remember that even Christ took pause to tell God that He really didn't want to have to keep going toward the cross ... but that it wasn't His will that mattered - it was the Father's.

No ... I am not saying I am anything like Christ - except to say that I have to be about the Father's will, as well. As much as I would like to quit, sometimes - He won't let me do it, right now.

So ... for now, I will keep on keeping on. Just be praying for us - it's a tough row to hoe ... and sometimes it just seems too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment