A while back, I listed some Pet Peeves ... and I was recently reminded of some others, so I thought I would share them, as well.
1. It really bothers me when I'm having a conversation with 'Person A', and 'Person B' walks up and rudely butts-in and says, "I don't mean to interrupt, but ...". Seriously? That's exactly what you mean to do. If you didn't mean to interrupt, then you would patiently wait until the conversation with 'Person A' was through, BEFORE trying to start your own conversation.
2. It's not much better when someone prefaces a conversation with, "I may be out-of-bounds saying this, but ...". Ummmm. If you think you are 'out-of-bounds', then you probably are. As in any athletic game ... play STOPS when the action goes out-of-bounds -- so, if you think you are out-of-bounds ... maybe you should stop.
3. In a similar vein, It really rubs me wrong when someone either prefaces or follows up a statement with, "This is probably none of my business, but ...". Again - if you think it is probably none of your business ... chances are pretty high that you are correct in your assumption - and should cease and desist immediately.
4. If someone doesn't like something, and there is absolutely no way that they could dislike it to a greater degree, then they should say, "I couldn't care less ...". When people say, "I could care less about ...", then they are leaving some wiggle room.
5. I know that this one is acceptable English ... but it still bothers me. Why do people say, "Irregardless" ... when it means the exact same as "regardless"? Just wondering.
6. When driving through the square in Darlington, and you are coming around by the Drug Store ... if you are in the LEFT lane - you do NOT automatically have the right to make a RIGHT turn onto Cashua Street. I have been cut-off by more people who just come right on over in front of me to make the turn. Learn how to drive, people. Geesh!!
7. If someone doesn't like the way things are done ... then they should go to the person in charge and give them their opinion - and then offer a suggestion on how to change things. Just complaining, without offering solutions, is NOT very helpful.
8. When picking up your child from Darlington Middle School, it is NOT acceptable to drive past everyone else who has been in line for 30-45 minutes, go the wrong way to get to the front of the line, and then back into the first position. Even if you are in a Jaguar ... Just sayin'.
9. WHY do I have to spend a minimum of $5.00 to use my debit card at almost any convenience store in Darlington? That is NOT very convenient if I only want to by a $1.50 drink.
10. Why do the Bi-Lo Bonus Points for gas only count toward 20 gallons? My van has a 25 gallon tank ... shouldn't I be able to fill up with my $.30-off per gallon?
OK ... enough for now. Hope you have a great day!